Thursday, January 19, 2012

I want to buy a boat that will be used in the lake and ocean. No more than 2 miles out in the ocean. any ideas

I am new at this but it has always been a dream. I am looking to buy a boat that my family can enjoy on the lake for water skiing and fishing. But I also want to use it for boating around in my local Southern CA bays and close shore 1 to 2 miles out fishing.

Any ideas of what kind of boat to look for? I will most likely buy a used boat first.I want to buy a boat that will be used in the lake and ocean. No more than 2 miles out in the ocean. any ideas
I suggest at least 19' boat. Either have dual motors or a small kicker motor to get you home if you break down. Make sure it has a top , the sun is terribly hot on the water. Decide what you will do more of realistically. If it is fishing, get a live well and bait wells. If it is leisure boating get that type. You can always take Coolers for fish and Bait buckets for a once or twice a year fishing trip.
18 to 20' center console bay boat.

If you going offshore you might want to consider dual power.I want to buy a boat that will be used in the lake and ocean. No more than 2 miles out in the ocean. any ideas
You know it depends on how many pounds, people, and what activities you will be doing. I have owned several boats and I too buy used boats. I like Chris Crafts. I would think you would want at least a 21' no smaller. Cuddy Cabins are nice in case of bad weather or sleeping. Make sure you look out for rotted wood. Everywhere. Try Craig's List for listings in your area. There are boats listed daily. Try to get as much equipment thrown in the deal as possible. Other boats to consider are Crownline, Four Winns, Rinker, and Sea Ray.

Good Luck!
Its all about finance you know.

How much money do you want to spend?I want to buy a boat that will be used in the lake and ocean. No more than 2 miles out in the ocean. any ideas
Nothing less than 22' for the ocean, depend's if you want fishing (center console), or cruising (cuddy cabin), I only like one kind of boat "BOSTON WHALER", a Boston Whaler won't sink, that's some mighty important information you have RIGHT THERE !
first lesson. never buy a used boat until you have a licensed

surveyor inspect the boat. the cost will save you money and trouble later. for skiing you will need 150- 200 hp motor to pull adults. a family of four will need a 22-25 boat for comfort including a head and storage areas. a bimini top for shade. you can safely trailer it if your vehicle is rated for 10-12000 pounds. be sure to consider insurance. an inboard engine is an option ,but they require a lot of room in the boat. if there is a boat show in your, its a god place to see whats available.

No comments:

Post a Comment