Thursday, January 12, 2012

Should I finance a used boat purchase with my 0% interest rate credit card or get a loan from a bank at 10%?

I am contemplating purchasing a used boat which is over 15 years old. I am looking at the best way to finance this purchase and need some input. The only loan I have is a student loan for $4K and the only credit card I have has a balance of $11K with 0% interest for the next 6 months, and then a 8% rate after that. I have a few other credit cards which send me access checks with 0% fee and interest for one year that I could use to finance the boat. I would use $11K in an access check to finance the boat at 0% interest on a second credit card which would increase my credit card debt to $22K with 0 interest for awhile and then 8% on both eventually. However, I believe I can pay off these cards before any interest kicks in. The second option is to get a boat or personal loan for the $11K and pay about 10% interest. I would intend to pay the loan as quickly as possible as well. My question is, should I finance the boat using $11K of credit card at 0% interest or get a bank loan?Should I finance a used boat purchase with my 0% interest rate credit card or get a loan from a bank at 10%?
I did the credit card thing on my used car...my rate was 4.9%...it was cheaper tjhan a used car loan. Consider this make sure your rate is not a variable rate and make sure you are never late on payments because your interest rate can go up to 30% with one late payment! remember you can alwys do a balance transfer if you get a better credit card offer in the mail!Should I finance a used boat purchase with my 0% interest rate credit card or get a loan from a bank at 10%?
IF you can pay of the credit card before it accrues any interest, I would go that route rather than a bank loan at 10%. I would concentrate on paying off all my debt before I went and bought a boat though.Should I finance a used boat purchase with my 0% interest rate credit card or get a loan from a bank at 10%?
If i were you i will use credit card to pay for the boat why pay more for the interest. 8% is still less then 10%.

No comments:

Post a Comment